Chocolate Ripple Cake
Preparation time: 15 mintues
Cooking time: N/A
Chill time: 8 hours or overnight
Serve as: dessert
- Whip the cream. For best results use a cold bowl. Add the cold whipping or thickened cream. Whip using a balloon whisk or an electric handheld beater until soft peaks form. Don’t overwhip the cream or it will take on a grainy texture!
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract, then beat just enough to mix it through.
- Spread 2-3 teaspoons of cream onto the back of one biscuit. Sandwich with a second biscuit and repeat until you have a stack of 6 biscuits. Spread a layer of cream down the middle of a serving platter, then place the stack of biscuits, sideways onto the cream. Repeat another 3 times.
- Now spread the remaining whipped cream all over the cake, covering it completely.
- Chill the cake for a minimum of 8 hours for the biscuits to soften appropriately, but overnight in the fridge is best.
- Once chilled, decorate the cake and serve. Sprinkle with chocolate curls and cherries as pictured, or fresh berries like raspberries and strawberries.